Hello, in this post I will explain how to optimize your site to speedup WordPress and load superfast.The loading speed of your website is very important and directly affects the visits and conversions on your website.
A nice and quick navigation keeps the user leaves your site ahead of time, and increases the likelihood that the user to perform what we all want to get.
So I recommend you to pay attention if you have a website with WordPress. If you follow the instructions indicated below you can get to improve download speed of your blog or your website approximately 20-30%. Let’s go there to speedup WordPress.
First of all, you have to check some things to get a good result in the optimization:
- Make sure your hosting is fast . OnesmartclicK inform you here for quick hosting if you are not a customer already.
- If you have installed on your WordPress plugins that do not use , disable, and then remove. They may be assuming an unnecessary delay in the speed of your website.
- If you are receiving a lot of spam , delete and add measures to avoid continue to receive it . This causes spam generated large tables with information that is not useful for your web, and that cause the generation of your web pages are somewhat slower.
- If possible, hire a hosting country where your audience is, or close . Having a hosted hosting close to where it is most of your audience is important because the response time will be much better, and problems related to network connectivity will be much lower.
- Operating System specializes in shared hosting . One of the common problems of shared hosting is that if one of the users on your server has a peak of visits, or just have scheduling problems that generate an unlimited resource consumption. This can make other users notice that the server service responds slowly. To avoid this it is important to use systems that isolate the resources of each account, so as to ensure a minimum of resources available to each user and users no monopolize the server.
- SSD in the server. SSDs have already reached sufficient reliability to be used on production servers, and the performance difference compared to the old hard disks is very high. MySQL fly on servers with SSDs, and this is especially important when working with CMS to make extensive use of MySQL. SSDs are more expensive and offer less space, but improved performance and speed is remarkable and worth.
- Image enhancement . It is very important that all the images that are uploaded to the website are optimized for the web. If you upload the images as we get your camera or as I have the past, they will surely be occupying double (or more) space than they should. On the website the pictures are to be optimized to the maximum to make downloading faster. This process is usually quite tedious, along with time, as new contents are uploaded, is difficult to control everyone up well optimized images. In OnesmartclicK we have developed a free service so that our customers can optimize images in your account with a single click .
- Firewall secure web hosting , but things are quite different look related. Teener a secure hosting able to discard spam traffic, or traffic denial of service allows your mind function more smooth form. If you are the victim of a DDoS attack on the administration of your WordPress or Joomla and you have no protection, surely your web, unable to process as many login attempts end loading slow.
After taking into account these preliminary considerations, you can measure the time it takes to load your site before carrying out any optimization. You can make it through the next tool .
Now let’s follow a few simple steps through which we will optimize different aspects of the web.
Install and configure WP Super Cache
WP Super Cache is a WordPress plugin that is used for file-based cache. This means no memory stores as Memcache or the like is used, but a copy of the complete page is generated in a static html file, and the plugin is responsible for serving the web from this copy instead of regenerating each page visit with what this entails in terms of resource consumption on the server and therefore slow loading. In OnesmartclicK servers have SSDs that are faster than standard disks, though more expensive, which in combination with the WP Super Cache Cache your blog and speedup WordPress site/blog .
The first will install, for this go to Plugins – Add new , and in the search put Super Cache , and click on Install Now , after installation click on Activate .
You will get a red window remembering that the cache is disabled and you must enable it from the administration of the plugin, click on the link, and in the administration page click Update status to activate the cache.
Go to Settings – WP Super Cache [Easy (easy)] , and click Cache Test to check that everything is OK.
Enable check-box that says: Cache hits to this website for quick access .
Below this you will see 3 options: The right thing is to enable use mod_rewrite to serve cache files.
Upgrade options again, please scroll down and click Update Status
You will see a notification that you must update the mod_rewrite rules you listed “mod_rewrite rules must be updated” , Make scroll down and you’ll notice a yellow sign with mod_rewrite rules and the button says ” Update mod_rewrite rules “, press in button to mod_rewrite rules in your .htaccess file is updated.
Missing establish garbage collection with an interval of 1800 seconds (30 min) or 3600 seconds (1 hour) for this access to “section Expiry Time & Garbage Collection “and set the value” Cache Timeout “3600 seconds.
Go to Settings – WP Super Cache [Advanced (Advanced)] , enable the option: Enable Compression in WP Super Cache thus GZip compression UNSATURATED so that the load is compressed and before page is enabled, in addition to saving width band.
Creating a subdomain for static content
The advantage is that this subdomain will allow download this type of content with parallel connections, which makes it download faster.
We will have to create a subdomain hosting in our panel, and point to the web that we are optimizing . For cpanel, we must do it from the Domains> Subdomains section.
Thus, from this moment, the static files are served through the subdomain you’ve configured with the improvement that this implies in relation to the speed of our website.
Load your web images on the screen only if: Lazy loading
The last optimization is to install a plugin that makes downloading images go as they appear on screen . This means avoiding download images that the user does not see, and therefore do not need to download them. That is, we are avoiding downloading the images that the user is not displayed on the screen at the time, and downloading images will go as the user scroll by on our website.
The plugin so you can download from here . Once installed and enabled, you will not have to do anything, it works automatically.
With this last step we have completed the optimization procedure. Let’s see some conclusions.
After optimizing ..
We return to make 60 test loads the web that we have optimized. We found that the improvement is promised at the beginning of the post: around 28% in this case.
There are other improvements that could apply to improve our WordPress more load times. Are as follows:
Optimize images on our website
It is quite common in our website have images that are not properly optimized, so take up more disk space than necessary.This causes an increase in load times, while consuming space on the hosting account unnecessarily. There are several plugins used to automatically optimize disk size of the images , without having to perform any action on our part. One option would be the plugin EWWW Image Optimizer .
Once we have installed and activated the plugin EWWW Image Optimizer new images that we add to our WordPress will be optimized automatically. This means that the disk space occupied by the image without losing any quality will be reduced. If we want to optimize the images that we have uploaded on the website we will have to go to Settings – EWWW Image Optimizer and click on the link mass optimization . Here one must press the button Start optimization to start optimizing images.
If have any questions for me about how to SpeedUP WordPress ? Just get in touch with me or leave a comment below. I’ll help you out with any problems.
Abhijit is a Certified Digital Marketer and passion-driven creative individual based in Maharashtra (Karad). He is also Freelance Blogger, Enterprenuer and Webmaster.